View Single Post
Old 11-12-21, 06:10 PM
TiHabanero

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1753 Post(s)
Liked 1,377 Times in 722 Posts
My first race bike has been sitting on the wall in my office for many years. It has been all over the world with me and is very valuable to my heart. I also have my brother's first and only race bike hanging on the same wall. Both bikes are important pieces of my life and have story after story inside their tubes. Both of them will go to my son when I die as he requested them.
Only this summer did I reconnect with my first race bike with an updated parts package. I did this because I was unable to get a titanium frame built in a reasonable amount of time, and boy am I glad the ti frame didn't work out. That old frame is perfectly balanced and rides very nicely. It is my daily rider now.

On the other hand the bike that brought my wife and I together was sold off after 10 years of storage. She stopped riding after giving birth to our children and had zero interest in keeping it. Just recently she expressed that we should have kept the bike so it could be displayed. Hindsight is so darned perfect at times!
Likes For TiHabanero: