View Single Post
Old 05-17-16, 10:03 PM
Drchopper8
Banned

Bikes: H40 Stinger (E Chopper), Electric Stingray, Felt Scythe, Giant Cypress, Micargi Prado Electric, too many to list.

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Dan Burkhart
Originally Posted by Dan Burkhart
Well, since nobody has un stickied this thread, I guess I'll do another update. The mechanical and electric components of this bike continue to function flawlessly, but the frame had an issue. The chain stays were being crushed by the double leg kick stand clamp, so before it got too bad, I started the search for a suitable donor frame.
Big box store steel frame with rigid fork, horizontal dropouts, V brake posts and a kickstand mounting plate behind the bottom bracket were my criteria. I found one in the right size, and in pretty good condition.

The transfer of components was pretty straight forward. The front axle mounting tabs had to be re created to fit a slightly different dropout design.

The offending decals had to go.

And here it is, reborn. Works great. The frame is noticeably stiffer than the old one, and the V brakes are way superior, as expected.
Still some tidying up to do with the wiring, and I need to install riv-nuts in the downtube for a bottle cage, but otherwise ready for action.

I'll stick to the thread. You deserve recognition for all your hard work I can see that you put into your awesome build. I admire your efforts. You really put some hours into this baby���� Job well done.