Old 03-13-20, 03:32 PM
yippee

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by unterhausen
gas is a lot cheaper to build if you consider the battery. OTOH, I was passed by a guy with a gas bike a couple of times on my way to work. Then a week later, his bike was leaning up against a fence by the side of the bike path, apparently abandoned.
Since this thread has become more about what is or is not allowed, I'm going to really go off on a tangent (my apologies). Even considering the battery, gas is not a lot cheaper to build if you consider that for approximately 100 years we've been letting fuels and petrochemicals leak into the ground and water. Every time I prime my 2 stroke blower (great machine that it is) I see a little spray of fuel come leaking out of the primer bulb. Could anybody estimate how much gas, diesel and petrochemical products have leaked a drop or two at a time since we went to internal combustion? Let's not even talk about the air.

The gas motor vs. ebike thread should be allowed EVERYWHERE.

Some time ago I had a conversation with someone in the medical field who commented that the link between autism and vaccines is NOT proven and that the link between fuels/petrochemicals and autism (plus a whole lot of other diseases) is NOT disproven.

If you go to any parking lot, any time that the pavement is a little wet, you'll see the gleam of gas, diesel and oil leaks, all over. I noticed it a few months ago in a parking lot and it was, personally, sickening.

100 years of that and who knows what it causes.

Anyway, my point is: Let's talk about gas vs. electric on any forum, any thread. Let's consider the cost of the battery as a capital improvement and not an expense. This way we can rationalize what we'll have to do and spend to (hopefully) make things right.

Last edited by yippee; 03-13-20 at 03:47 PM.