View Single Post
Old 04-19-21, 04:45 AM
KPacenti

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked 20 Times in 12 Posts
Originally Posted by duanedr
Welcome! Great to have you! The BB shells were my favorite shells. Obviously, many wonderful forks have been made with your crowns but the shells were really great with a 35mm DT and OS ST.

A guy I raced with here in Seattle, Brian Smith, had one of your track frames. I'm overstating that we raced together. We were on the same team, he had pretty much quit racing by the time I joined - maybe he was racing a bit on the velodrome. We'd run into each other on our ride to work and chat for the 5-7 miles that our routes overlapped. If I remember correctly, you knew him/worked with him? I later learned that he was a really good fillet finisher- although I can't imagine he told me that, someone else on the team must have.

Were you involved with match in Woodinville WA?
Thank you. It's always nice to hear my designs are appreciated and put to good use.

Yes, Bryan is a good friend. We worked together at Bontrager in Stanta Cruz for a few years. He worked at R&E Cycles in college finishing fillets. I did work at Match as a framebuilder, mostly the Schwinn 60th anniversary Paramount, Rivendell frames, and also TIG welded frames at R&E as well on the weekends.

Last edited by KPacenti; 04-19-21 at 09:10 AM.
Likes For KPacenti: