Old 06-09-21, 06:51 AM
cat0020
Ride more, eat less

Bikes: Too many but never enough.

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 715 Post(s)
Liked 736 Times in 452 Posts
Got caught in the thunderstorm in NYC yesterday afternoon with the cargo e-bike, rode about 8 miles in the rain.. not the torrential downpour, but still it was steady rain.
I was still using PAS & throttle all along the ride, got back to our school and put the bike away wet.
No problem this morning, I guess that's what you want in a cargo bike, able to to ride it in all weather and put it away wet without worry whether it would work the following day or after.
I have about 780 miles logged on it, getting used to the handling of extra long wheelbase and the heft that comes with the cargo bike.
I leave the PAS on level 2 ( out of 5), I'm pedaling about 20% of the time, the rest 75% I'm just going through the motions of pedaling and the rest 5% is throttle from stop to get up to speed.
I get about 65-75 miles between charge with single battery operation, when battery goes down to 1 (out of 5) bars. Takes about 4-5 hours to charge back up to 100%.
I alternate between the two battery for usage, one charge usually last about 10-12 days between charge & use.
In Brooklyn, this cargo bike has saved me lots of travel time in traffic and time looking for parking in neighborhoods.
Cargo bike with milk crates is usually too big/heavy to attract attention from thieves, I just use a simple short cable lock around the front wheel in plain sight so people don't mess with the bike while it is parked.