Machka 
In Real Life

Bikes: Lots

Mentioned: 141 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3203 Post(s)
Liked 595 Times in 329 Posts
Originally Posted by Bike Jedi
Where do folks who tour year round consistently, ride during the winter months to avoid cold weather?

If you are in the U.S. where do you go during December, January, February, and March? Does everyone really go to places like Arizona? Are there places bike touring folks seem to migrate the most during winter months if you stay mainland without dealing with the cold at all? What does that look like exactly?

What about elsewhere in the world? I have been reading for a while about how you all function, live, get around, places you go, but I don't recall coming across in-depth conversations about survival in winter months, what the norm is, etc...

I am curious to hear from folks that specifically tour year round and not seasonal, but actually live on their bikes and it's their only way of life.

I am wondering if there is a fluid and consistent way of just staying in warm weather while still covering as much as possible without pigeon holing yourself to the same places for cold months if you want to tour year round.
You know that when it is winter in northern places like the US it is summer in southern places like Australia ... right?

When we could travel we would head to Canada in June/ July for some mid-winter summer weather. This winter, we're in our little home gym and outside on weekends.

When Rowan and I travelled for 8 months a few years ago, we missed spring all together and ended up in a lot of autumn.

Last edited by Machka; 07-26-19 at 02:15 AM.