View Single Post
Old 01-16-23, 10:09 AM
VegasJen

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 871 Post(s)
Liked 558 Times in 302 Posts
Originally Posted by Iride01
I'm surprised that you wish to give up the GPS. Having a recorded track that you can later review after your ride will let you see what you actually did instead of just believing the tales you might want to believe about your ride.

I find them very valuable so I can look at certain segments of every ride and see if I improved or not from the other times. It's not easy to look at your watch and get tenths of a second at that bottom of a hill and then again when you are cresting the top and do the mental math while continuing to ride.
I'm not giving up anything. I don't ride with GPS now. Not going to start. Don't need it. I live in a small community and there are only so many roads. I ride the same three or four routes over and over again.
Originally Posted by Steve B.
This looks interesting. Advantage to a GPS tracker is a bit easier not needing to mount the wheel sensor, and replace that battery on occasion.

https://www.amazon.com/CYCPLUS-Water...63374805&psc=1
It does look nice but GPS is a non-starter for me.
Originally Posted by Jeff Neese
I have Cateye wireless on all my bikes and they work fine. Some of mine are pretty old but they seem to just keep working. The reason I have one on each different bike is because you program it for your wheel size, and I measure the actual rollout to give more accurate readings. (Different tires even of the same size will measure differently.)
Thanks for the report. I'm still strongly leaning towards the Cateye posted above. Like you, I have several bikes so will likely order two or three.