View Single Post
Old 03-15-23, 09:31 AM
chaadster
Thread Killer

Bikes: 15 Kinesis Racelight 4S, 76 Motebecane Gran Jubilée, 17 Dedacciai Gladiatore2, 12 Breezer Venturi, 09 Dahon Mariner, 12 Mercier Nano, 95 DeKerf Team SL, 19 Tern Rally, 21 Breezer Doppler Cafe+, 19 T-Lab X3, 91 Serotta CII, 23 3T Strada

Mentioned: 30 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3176 Post(s)
Liked 1,725 Times in 1,043 Posts
Originally Posted by PeteHski
While true, I never managed to string together enough consistent sessions on any of the turbo trainers I had before Zwift and other smart trainer apps.
Yeah, there were lots of tricks to make turbo time more tolerable back in the day, but “game-ifying” it was Zwift’s brilliant innovation.

Even for me, as someone who was quite accustomed to turbo time pre-Zwift and have been fairly regular with it since at least around ‘02-‘04 when I got a CycleOps fluid trainer to replace old fan-resistance units, and downright regimented with it since ‘10 when I began coached, power-based stationary training, Zwift was a game-changer for me. I’ve been on Zwift since it was beta, so that says something about how much I like it! I don’t get into a great deal, but I find it a terrific distraction, and am content to just have the watts, HR, RPM and a screen to look at; I don’t do any of the game stuff like power-ups, chase medals or goals, get into bikes, wheels and kit, or any stuff like that. I scarcely even have world preferences, but having my on-bike effort directly relate to what’s on-screen is huge to me.