View Single Post
Old 09-28-22, 05:46 PM
threeteas

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 41 Post(s)
Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
Originally Posted by procrit
What do you guys do to keep it fresh and avoid burnout? Am I the odd man out when it comes to this? I'd love to get back into race shape and do some masters races, but I'm also nervous I'm just going to over do it and mentally want to pull back. Any thoughts or help appreciated!
That's a tough one for me as well. What usually happens is that I get really serious about riding and racing again, dabble in it at a somewhat serious level, and then life happens and I stop. In my case it was everything surrounding Covid.

What's always been my inspiration for getting back into it? Gaining weight and feeling like **** being a mostly sedentary person. I then come to the realization that I need to get fit again and compete. This cycle can only repeat itself a few more times, though, as I'm running a bit out of time at 52. Being 35 pounds overweight at this point has been a wake up call for me. I mostly feel like **** a lot of the time and can't WAIT to race again. I don't suggest this method, though! Not sure if any of this helps.
Likes For threeteas: