View Single Post
Old 04-18-20, 04:55 AM
itturriko

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 1 Post
Originally Posted by carleton
I got $10 that says that OP ignores everything we've written and he buys the "coolest" looking pursuit bike they can afford.

...and sells it within a year (doesn't matter if he sticks with the sport or not, same result).
That’s not true, I’m no searching the coolest bike. I earned a non expected money and I’m trying to do a good purchase.

1.- Dolan, Felt and Fuji are difficult to find here and now with the Covid is almost impossible. I tried at least in 15 stores.

2.- Steel frames and Dixie Flyers commented here are not available in Europe

I have the trackmachine 02 because it was the only option 2 years ago, I tried with other brands and it was impossible.

T4 and TR01 are the only frames I found ready to ship to spain for less than 3000$ (R96, Argon, Pinarello, Koga... are too expensive)

I made a research and I found the following info and I think both are enough good for me:

T4:
Lasse Norman Hansen 1.03 London 2012 Kilo
Jonny Wale (HUUB Wattbike) 1.00 Kilo
Switzerland 3,5x TP
https://www.velonews.com/gear/road-g...t4-track-bike/

TR01:
Stefan Kung 4.14 IP
Switzerland TP 3.56.x
Gael Suter 12.8 Flying lap
Rohan Dennis Hour Record
https://www.cyclingweekly.com/review...c-track-tr01-2

I asked to some people in my local velodrome and they all are agree that both are better than the DF4(said by an OG medalist)

So after 2 weeks I thank you all your opinions and messages, I really appreciate them.
I tried to follow your advises but it was no always possible. In terms of sport, here we don’t have the same variety of products as in the USA or France/Belgium/Netherlands because there is no many amateur sport.
I sent no less than 30-40 emails to different stores searching here mentioned frames.
So I think that statement is not fair and I was asking a last opinion about those two frames.

thank you all