View Single Post
Old 10-12-20, 07:12 AM
gear64

Bikes: State Black Label All Road, Univega Gran Premio, Lotus Classique, Terranaut Metro

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 105 Post(s)
Liked 94 Times in 62 Posts
Originally Posted by Random11
I know some people feel that way. I do the same ride just about every day, 15-20 miles, leaving from my house and through nearby residential neighborhoods. I'm riding for the exercise and don't find it boring. The reason I do that is because I can leave from my house and don't have to drive my bike anywhere to ride it. The Century was an unusual ride for me. Maybe once or twice a month I'll drive my bike somewhere to ride.
I'm fan of riding from my driveway as well. I can't remember the last time I've thrown the bike on the car if I wasn't going somewhere else already like visiting one of the kids out of town. It's hard enough to make time for the riding itself, much less driving back and forth somewhere. While many of my rides use the same segments over and over, particularly the initial/final legs; the radius of ridable streets and MUPs is large enough for a fair amount of variety. I like watching how neighborhoods evolve over time.