Old 04-17-21, 04:09 PM
Cougrrcj

Bikes: A few...

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 620 Post(s)
Liked 372 Times in 258 Posts
Originally Posted by sd5782
That bike looks very familiar. I am glad she finally got it and likes it. Pics are welcome. That one seemed like a very solid well engineered machine. Did you keep the index shifting and the tires? I was pleased with the ride on that bike and how everything worked together. I was even surprised that those bontrager tires didn’t seem awful. I would have kept it if it was one size larger. Nice that an uncle helped her out. I helped out a niece also by turning her miyata mixte into an upright. Fun stuff too.
Niece only has a couple of blocks to work, so she normally rides a bike rather than taking the car...

Also, she told me that there is a great rail-trail in the area, so those thick-ish Bontrager tires should do nicely on the crushed stone trail.

Yes, I kept the indexed shifting, but gave it new slick stainless shift cables and a new lined rear derailleur housing loop. Her MTB has indexed thumb shifters, so I hope she can transition to downtube shifting (I never could)...

Still needs to have the brake levers adjusted to her, and bars wrapped, but I sent the new bar tape along with them. Still needs new brake pads though...
Likes For Cougrrcj: