I-Like-To-Bike
Been Around Awhile

Bikes: Vaterland and Ragazzi

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked 1,538 Times in 1,047 Posts
Originally Posted by shmily_dana
One day I'll ask one of the riders I see on my local bicycle path why they spent so much on an e-bike when they could just stay home and watch a Gopro video from an actual bicycle rider. It is probably about the same amount of exercise.
Originally Posted by shmily_dana
Based on my observation of e-bike users I've seen on my local multi-use path, I am dubious they are getting the same amount of exercise. I don't see how they are getting exercise by not turning their cranks. I'll admit I've not followed every rider on their entire rides. But the couple I saw the other day were coasting into a head wind.
If asked, some of the e-bike riders might reply that they are not riding the e-bike for exercise or "training" purposes, (nor to accomplish fitness, speed, or distance objectives, nor to record the shenanigans of bad drivers.) They might reply that they are riding their e-bikes to get somewhere and return, or because they enjoy getting around in the fresh air, and that their e-bike is the best means for them to do this.

In fact, that might be the same or similar answer that would given by many people who are riding a regular bicyclist powered bicycle on the bike path, or if asked anywhere else other than at a velodrome or at the meeting point of the local "actual bicycle rider" club.
Likes For I-Like-To-Bike: