SpedFast
Just Pedaling

Bikes: YEP!

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 334 Post(s)
Liked 522 Times in 348 Posts
Originally Posted by DiabloScott
People who can afford to be indifferent about their weight, or don't have to actively manage their weight, are fortunate.

The second most fortunate are those of us who do have to watch it closely but manage to keep it in check.
I would be 50 pounds overweight if I let myself go.
I weigh myself three times a day - the self-help people who say only to do it once a week are not my kind of people.
I have fat calipers and body fat charts too - those don't get used as much but they do give useful data.
I think about my weight every day, and my weight goals and my weight trends.
I like data. I know what my daily fluctuations are, I know weekly averages and extremes. I can compare today's weight with the same calendar day for the last 5 years. I see how long it takes for all those Christmas goodies to show up, and how long it takes to return to normal. I know how long I need to concentrate on losing weight so I can hit the number I want on my next physical. I also can look back and see when I was losing the battle and get re-motivated by looking at the charts that followed my progress when I took control.

My doctor just says "weight looks fine". I guess wanting her to cheer for me was kind of unrealistic, but it's a lot better than "tsk tsk metabolic syndrome, pre-diabetes, and clogged arteries".
You do realize that most people would consider your behavior OCD. Right? But if it works for you, good on you.