View Single Post
Old 06-27-22, 04:39 PM
datlas 
Should Be More Popular

Bikes: 1986 Alpine (steel road bike), 2009 Ti Habenero, 2013 Specialized Roubaix

Mentioned: 560 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 22594 Post(s)
Liked 8,925 Times in 4,158 Posts
Originally Posted by Mojo31
The DFW area is a huge melting pot of different races, religions, sexual preferences, cultures, etc.

I've mentioned before that our suburb is about 1/3 each of white, Hispanic and black, and I don't ever see any type of racial discrimination or profiling. That's not saying it's not happening, but it is not very open or obvious. I don't ever hear our black friends complaining about it. Our neighborhood is pretty affluent and also very mixed - just on our street you will find 6 white households, 3 black households, 1 Kalifornians (they deserve their own distinction ), 1 Black/Asian couple, 1 Baptist who goes by Weinstein, 2 Hispanic households, and 1 Vietnamese family. The rest of the neighborhood is much the same. Our kids went to an elementary school where the students came from families that spoke 26 different native languages. Gay or straight - no big deal.

Dallas has been very Democratic for a while, and Fort Worth seems to be moving in that direction. It'll be interesting to see what the latest news does to that.
Our town is still mostly white, but the new Toll Brothers McMansion development next door is about 90% Indian. Diversity around here is a work in progress.