View Single Post
Old 08-02-22, 07:15 PM
veganbikes
Clark W. Griswold

Bikes: Foundry Chilkoot Ti W/Ultegra Di2, Salsa Timberjack Ti, Cinelli Mash Work RandoCross Fun Time Machine, 1x9 XT Parts Hybrid, Co-Motion Cascadia, Specialized Langster, Phil Wood Apple VeloXS Frame (w/DA 7400), R+M Supercharger2 Rohloff, Habanero Ti 26

Mentioned: 54 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4342 Post(s)
Liked 3,978 Times in 2,659 Posts
Originally Posted by beng1
A number of my threads have been deleted from this forum which talked about manufacturers of bicycling equipment and how they market items to the public along with warnings from moderators. So I am gagged from mentioning who "they" are unless I want to be banned from the forum altogether. For some reason moderators don't consider discussing the entities which manufacture bicycles and parts and how they function in our society and economy relevant to cycling and ban it by calling it "politics". So keep an eye on this post to see if it, and maybe even I, am disappeared.....
It is a the Bildabike Council and the Coastal Elites, I swear The Schwinn Excelsior and a big tub of grease is the best mountain bike ever. Technology is silly and it is certainly a conspiracy to hide that news. I bet the mods here also shot JFK and landed on the moon.

Look the mods here sometimes aren't always perfect, they are unpaid volunteers who are dealing with a bunch of YAAAA-HOOOS (to quote Bill Hicks) but they aren't covering anything up, if you are going to be banned it is probably for violating the rules and without those rules this forum is chaos and unusable and I for one don't want that to happen.

Sometimes yes technology is a little crazy but without it we wouldn't move forward and be able to do some of the great stuff we can do and get more people into the sport. I love vintage bikes and vintage tech but there is some excellent modern stuff I would not want to be without. High Wheel bikes look cool but there is a lot you can't do on it and yes I get that many people have done some crazy things on some bikes a lot of people wouldn't consider on that bike but opening up the ability to more folks and allow you to get rowdier and have more fun is great.

I love wider tires and a bit more suspension and if you don't like that well I am sorry bud but comfort is key to me. I got a bad back and if I can be more comfortable and have less flats and all of that I will take it.