Mostly harmless ™

Bikes: Heavy, with friction shifters

Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1107 Post(s)
Liked 216 Times in 130 Posts
Originally Posted by Hondo6
Thanks for taking the time to answer.

Oh well. I was hoping you had a source of hard info on FD pull ratios (e.g., SRAM 7-speed double FD pulls X.Xmm cable to shift, Shimano Mountain 10-speed triple FD pulls Y.Ymm cable per shift, etc . . . ). That info is available multiple places for many common rear derailleurs (including your site as I recall), but I've literally never seen it published for ANY front derailleur. (My apologies if that level of detail about rear derailleurs is on your site and I missed it somehow.)

That type of detailed info would be incredibly nice to have. It could be useful for predicting what FD/family of FDs might work cross-brand with another manufacturer's indexed front shifter(s). However, the proof is always a functional test.

I guess I'll either have to keep looking, or start measuring. Don't really have access to enough hardware for the latter, so it will almost certainly be "keep looking".
Should have measured - it's a good idea.
FDs were less "problematic" until relatively recently, when Shimano made their own different standards for the new road and "gravel" groups.
I should measure and add that info.