View Single Post
Old 02-19-22, 06:29 AM
Thulsadoom

Bikes: Specialized Tarmac Expert, 2002 TREK 520, Schwinn Mesa WINTER BIKE, Huffy Rock Creek 29er, 1970s-era Ross ten speed. All my bikes are highly modified(except the Tarmac) yet functional, and generally look beat to ****. .

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 68 Post(s)
Liked 88 Times in 51 Posts
There's no way I'd ride my 3 season bike in the winter around here. I go into winter knowing that the salt is most probably going to eat up a chain and set of sprockets each season. I don't even try to wipe down a chain after lubing in the winter, I just spray on the lube, knowing that there's a major cleaning/disassembly in the future. My winter bike has much fatter tires that I don't need in the warmer months. My winter bike has cheaper components and wider bars for more control. I love riding in the winter but it's a total departure from riding in the other seasons and definitely requires a different bike. We get a lot of "lake effect" weather here, which basically means that crazy weather blows in off Lake Ontario.
As far as the poll goes, I didn't see an option for ---Yes, I have a dedicated winter bike and you probably should too if you live around here.---