Old 04-04-16, 02:45 PM
francophile 
PM me your cotters

Mentioned: 80 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1137 Post(s)
Liked 590 Times in 422 Posts
Tossing this out there in case anyone needs facilitation around the Kansas City area...

Recently found a bike on the SW side of KC. Looked for a BF member nearby and he recommended Velo+ shop in the Lenexa/Overland Park area to facilitate. They charge a flat $50 to box, break down and facilitate shipping of a complete bike and do an exceptional job.

David @ Velo+ is the person I dealt with. I asked the buyer drop off the bike and a stack of parts with him, he checked it out for major damage, gave a thumbs up, then boxed it up as pro as it gets. I had the bike in 3 days via BikeFlights. He says he's always open to taking care of this stuff if anyone else needs it.

While he quoted $50 for bikes and $20 on wheels, he boxed up (4) wheels and a complete box separately and I was only out $60. BikeFlights was only $35 on the bike and $15 on the wheels so I feel like I made out fairly well on a bike that had a $250-$400 profit margin.

Just tossing this out there in case anyone else is stuck in the same position. Many thanks to @AZORCH for his reco on a solid shop!