Old 04-15-21, 10:07 AM
cudak888 
www.theheadbadge.com

Bikes: http://www.theheadbadge.com

Mentioned: 124 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2422 Post(s)
Liked 4,396 Times in 2,093 Posts
Can we get back to talking about bikes and moan about sales and flipping in the Valuations forum where this belongs?

It's bad enough that all 3-speed convos have become lumped into this monolithic thread that's impossible to search through easily; worse when it's full of these text walls of local market analyses - 3-speed content or otherwise.

Originally Posted by Hproduguidon
cudak888 yes there is a key lock on the fork

but I don't have the key
Well, that confirms the last part of what I suspected - the chrome bikes and the Rudge are almost identical in specification.

Originally Posted by browngw
My DL1 sold new in Hamilton ON Canada in 1979. I had a 1977 for a while but sold it. It had no no chainguard and likely had been sold that way as chaincase delete was an option I understand. Can any fellow Canadians confirm that.
So that's your 1979 DL-1, as purchased, with chaincase, correct? I find it interesting that it's obviously a US-spec model with Rampar logos everywhere, but the chainrugard is isn't US-spec, as if it was added after the fact.

Does it have any "Made in England / Assembled in Canada" stickers similar to the US bikes mentioned earlier? It might explain part of the combination of a US frame with the international-spec transfers on the chainguard.

Originally Posted by SirMike1983
I also have a "different" DL-1. I believe it was originally in West Germany or Austria originally. It had West German tires and tubes on it, if I recall. The chain case was replaced with a Birmingham-style chain guard, but that matched reasonably well. My guess would be a serviceman based in West Germany had it and brought it back. My father-in-law was stationed in West Germany back in the early 1960s, and he recalled some of his army buddies having bicycles because they couldn't afford or were not allowed to have cars.
What year is it? The tubing sticker and vertical "RALEIGH" lettering look early-1960s.

-Kurt

Likes For cudak888: