View Single Post
Old 05-09-22, 01:51 PM
PeteHski

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4417 Post(s)
Liked 4,872 Times in 3,016 Posts
Originally Posted by couldwheels
Apparently, it's a huge problem according to that video!

Coincidentally, my previous saddle adjustment was 25 mm higher. It was also 25 mm lower before that. I raised it because I felt like I'm not stretching my legs enough. Then it caused saddle discomfort. Worse than the problems it solved. So I lowered it again and discomfort problems went away.
That's what I've found too if I go to the high end of my saddle height window. I think it's because I tend to put more pressure on the saddle at the bottom of the stroke when my legs are reaching their comfortable limit of extension. When I lower the saddle approx 10 mm from that point the saddle feels more comfortable with a more even saddle pressure throughout the stroke. Going too high on the saddle also starts to induce hip rocking, which can also manifest itself as saddle discomfort. I have a saddle height window of about 20 mm where I can get comfortable and not have any other issues, but I tend to favour the conservative end of that range. Experienced fitters I've spoken to and most that I've read about seem to agree that there is much less downside to having your saddle a little too low than a little too high.