View Single Post
Old 11-14-22, 06:01 AM
jimmuller 
What??? Only 2 wheels?

Bikes: 72 Peugeot UO-8, 82 Peugeot TH8, 87 Bianchi Brava, 76? Masi Grand Criterium, 74 Motobecane Champion Team, 86 & 77 Gazelle champion mondial, 81? Grandis, 82? Tommasini, 83 Peugeot PF10

Mentioned: 189 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1222 Post(s)
Liked 645 Times in 232 Posts
Originally Posted by SurferRosa
Jim,

poidh.
I was able to dig up some pics from the run up the Great North Rail Trail (I think it is called). Pastor Bob led Prowler and myself on a cool adventure.

In the bike's recent (circa. 2011) quasi-retrograde phase.

Originally Posted by 1989Pre
I love to hear stories of dedication to one's bike. How did you set up the UO-8 to get up Cadillac Mountain?
Any maintenance going-on for it, this winter?
Since you asked... For the run up Cadillac it was more or less like you see in the "Boston 100" pic above and as it is now, a stripped road bike. Most of the mods are upgrades I made long ago. Sugino Maxy crank w/48-32 rings, Suntour FW, Suntour VGT-Lux derailleurs w/Simplex DT levers (which I installed in place of the original stem shifters about 1973), MKS pedals w/ clips&straps, SR alloy bar with the original headset and AVA stem, alloy Simplex seat post, WTB Speed V saddle, Shimano 600 hubs (the original version), 27" Sun M13-II rims w/32mm Panaracer Tourguard tires, the original Mafac brakes but with newer pads, and of course the bottle cage and pump.

No maintenance planned but it could use some cleaning!

Last edited by jimmuller; 11-14-22 at 11:11 AM. Reason: duh...
Likes For jimmuller: