Old 01-31-23, 12:30 PM
tiger1964 

Bikes: Drysdale/Gitane/Zeus/Masi/Falcon/Palo Alto/Raleigh/Legnano

Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 987 Post(s)
Liked 642 Times in 407 Posts
As people do like photos, one is included (not a good one!), as I am starting reassembly. Kinda at a stopping point due to so many parts in-transit from suppliers. After buffing the paint -- especially touch-ups -- with polishing compound and then a coat of wax, it looks pretty good if not "show quality".

Originally Posted by bertinjim
tiger1964- The follow on email is a normal part of the international ordering process. You should hear from Grand Bois shortly confirming the order. Typically, you also receive one of their catalogues shipped with the order and it's worth buying something just for that alone.
Okay, but it's been over 24 hours. Anyway, immediately I got e e-mail stating "Please wait the second mail through Paypal which inform you the shipping fee and the correct price" so I know I'm in their system. And, yes, I would not mind getting a catalog (to much to hope for that it's in English?)

Originally Posted by repechage
maybe, back in the period, Campagnolo had the most length required, might have to use a GS headset or Pista- 3 mm less stack.
Good to know - a stack-height problem is why I am still running a less-than-perfect headset on my Gitane. The OEM headset went back together fine except, somehow during disassembly, a couple of 5/32" loose bearings were lost. Fortunately I had ordered a small bag of each size a couple of years ago and 9amazingly) remembered where they were, so I have the correct count in there now. Whoever made it, the chrome really held up well!

Likes For tiger1964: