View Single Post
Old 03-30-21, 02:21 PM
abshipp 

Bikes: 1975 Motobecane Grand Jubile, 2020 Holdsworth Competition, 2022 Giant Trance 29 3

Mentioned: 42 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3361 Post(s)
Liked 3,638 Times in 1,244 Posts
Originally Posted by francophile
Cannondale solved the problem. The F500 came with color-matched Heashok.The F500i came with white Indy C.

The 1997 Cannondale catalog eludes to that bit (below). Although the catalog details show silver decal on the DT on the F500, seems the other '97 F500i I found lack the silver DT decal. Virtually all equipped specs for this one (and equipment date codes) point to 1997 manufacture date.

Looks like the Shimano BB-LP26 should be a real blast to repack if I wanted to keep it original, I'm sure it's dry as a bone.

I guess it's not quite 25 years old, so maybe some wouldn't call this vintage, but I noticed a few others in C&V have had one over the years. Don't want to debate that - I do look forward to getting this thing clean, getting it apart, and on a trail, just to see how it feels. Seems like a nice frame overall.
Oh that's great! Usually makes things easier when the OEM makes the adapter

I've never wanted to deal with a Headshok so a lot of these older Cannondale MTB frames have been tempting but I could never get myself to pull the trigger.

A fully rigid Delta-V is one I hope to get my hands on someday

Looking forward to seeing it cleaned up!
Likes For abshipp: