Bikes: '71 Raleigh Inter, '98 Tommasini, '83 Trek 500, 83 Trek 720 '

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 118 Post(s)
Liked 199 Times in 110 Posts
Me too

Originally Posted by Robvolz
OK, my other hobby is McIntosh stereos.

I love the big/warm sound of the bits from the 70's and am forced to accept a digital readout from the CD player from the early 80s.

I don't like the new stuff. Buy a BOSE, don't care. Sonos, good for you.

I understand that tech evolves, chassis change size, and Moore's law. Still don't care. I want what I want. Either you get it or you don't. The companies aren't making products for me, and it can be a hassle to keep my components running. Luckily there is the internet and others with the same mindset.

Exactly the same with cycling.
I have dabbled in vintage stereo to play my "Albums" maybe we should have sony walkmans so we can ride and listen to some hot 70's lol
I am embarrassed to say my Mcintosh Turntable after only 2 years is back to the manufacturer to be repaired for not maintaining speed (Warranty), the good news is my MCS 6700 a rebadged Technics that i got for $2.00 and fixed myself is still playing.. to be fair i did have to tinker with it a little but it was simple stuff i could do, there might be a parallel there. the modern MA 8900 receiver is very good however, sorry the valave sound is not currently in my stable but maybe one day...
Likes For Gary12000: