Old 11-07-08, 07:44 PM
-holiday76
No one cares

Mentioned: 39 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 226 Post(s)
Liked 106 Times in 64 Posts
so where was i?

sometimes the trail isnt really a trail, its a road. Not far after you enter Philadelphia city limits you get here:

thats where the path ends and joins a road. The uphill road is cobblestone. It's pretty steep, and its cobblestone. I didnt ride it today.

by this time I believe I'd ridden about 25 miles. I was getting a little hungry to it was at the above crossroads I ate a power bar. Just thought I'd share.

sp down the road a little but you have a choice. You can stay on the road and up a really big hill, or you can follow a unpaved path next to the river. I chose the unpaved path as that's exactly why I was running 32c tires and riding my "do everything" bike.

getting to the unpaved path first you pass over the traintracks and a old unused train station

then another cobblestone section. There are a few ruins of old textile mills next to the river.

behind the ruin are some type of radio towers. They're actually a few miles away.

you used to be able to go in the ruined buildings and throw rocks and check stuff out. I guess they've decided to gate them up. That was probably a good idea. Not a lot of people take this section of trail, but I'm sure someone has gone back there and got hurt before. It's kinda crazy that this area is technically in the city limited of philadelphia. It doesnt feel like a city at all..

except for the graphiti. graphitti. I dont know how to spell grafitti i guess.

after the ruins its just a ride on a woods path, next to a river and a bank with traintracks on the top.

you might think you're in a park somewhere. Then slowly there are a few signs that there is a city near by.
And old factory appears on the canal.

then the path starts to get a bit more groomed.