View Single Post
Old 05-04-16, 07:49 AM
BobG

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 318 Post(s)
Liked 117 Times in 82 Posts
Why I like "crazyguyonabike"

Not wanting to further hijack Siu's photo thread I though I'd start a new one to continue the Crazy Guy discussion.

I want to take a bike trip in Elbonia. First I searched Bike Forums but I got 278 hits on any thread that contained the vaguest mention of Elbonia buried somewhere in the thread. Most had nothing to do with travel in Elbonia.

Then I went to "Bikepacker's Magazine" to research the trip. A cluttered homepage of photos and I could barely distinguish the ad photos from the articles. A search turned up no info on travel in Elbonia.

Then I went to "The Radavist", another home page of photos. I tried to scroll to the bottom of the page but it just kept loading more and more photos on to infinity. Searched for Elbonia, again no results.

"Backpacking Light"? Another mish mash of photos mixed in with ads. Tried their search function to find info on Elbonia. It just linked me to Google. First hit? "357 Hotels in Elbonia"!

"donelreydotcom"? Just a personal blog with fine photos of 20 or so personal trips and not one was in Elbonia!

Then I found a web site called "crazyguyonabike". Wow! Not one ad on the homepage. On the top left I found "Journals by Locale".

Europe......click
Elbonia.....click

44 journals that include Elbonia without using a search function! Crazy Guy will forever be my number 1 resource for info on specific bike touring locales.