Old 03-11-21, 04:07 PM
skookum
cyclotourist

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 443 Post(s)
Liked 205 Times in 130 Posts
Originally Posted by Tourist in MSN

Between USA and Canada, I would not be surprised if ground transportation is less stringent than air transport. For example, in USA you can get a passport card, that is the size of a credit card. I have ridden my bike across the Canada/USA border with just the passport card, but the card is not valid for international air transportation, for that you need the passport book.
Right now (March 11 2021) you can cross the Canada/US border more easily by air than on the ground. At least going from Canada to US by air. Going the other way is a different matter, non-essential travel is still banned, although it appears there are lots of loopholes.The mandatory hotel quarantine is not working well and may be abandoned soon.

Our PM is against vaccine passports, although that could change instantly.

I used to have a little yellow booklet for all my vaccinations, including yellow fever, but I haven't seen it for years, and I was never asked for it when crossing borders.

All my vaccination history is on my provincial health record, but given their relationship with modern technology and their attitude to change I would estimate about 20 years before they could integrate that with any kind of vaccine passport.