Old 07-20-21, 03:26 PM
Surfer77

Bikes: Alan Competition, Serotta Club Special, Bottecchia ADR SL, Ciocc San Christobal, Aventon Track

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 33 Post(s)
Liked 27 Times in 16 Posts
Originally Posted by 79pmooney
I ride my fix gear on the road with Giant or Dankine full fingered MTB gloves. (Not for crashes but to protect my fingers from the undersides of the brake levers. Some of the Oregon hills go up lot farther than your banking.) Probably not the protection of a full leather glove but still a lot more than a short fingered glove and they are true cycling gloves. No palm padding,

Drawback for the velodrome - the color scheme works better in a duck blind.

Edit: totally off topic but your pic brings the sadness of Alpenrose's recent closing. 2 miles from here. Watched many races there. Loved to watch them on the steep banking your photo brings to mind. (My racing days stopped many years ago. Besides my mountain goat hooves simple don't work on steep concrete and even if they did, mountain goats are pretty useless in velodromes. I used to ride Skyline Blvd, roll into the grounds on my way home, park my (road) fix gear and watch the evening racing.)
Hahah! Im not much of a “fashion plate” at Rock Hill anyway! But I did notice that the Fly Racing ones Russ mentioned are only neoprene, prob not what I want. I will look at baseball batting gloves.

On velodromes, sad to see some closing. I dont know how Rock Hill does it, the facility seems way under utilized. It “only” costs $60 to take the certification class, then one can rent a bike for $5 and it costs $5/day. Maybe its too intimidating to ppl, idk. RH has a USAC sanctioned race once a month. Im not sure how many racers it draws. The city also has a dedicated 1.1 mile crit course and a BMX track! Free to use, just park and ride. I think they have club crits every weekend, and sanctioned races as well. Def a cycling hub, but apartments are weirdly expensive, same as Charleston. Prob bc of its proximity to Charlotte. Not sure what the demographics for RH, but track cycling is relatively inexpensive to get into vs road racing.
-Robin