Old 07-27-21, 02:27 PM
Iride01 
I'm good to go!

Bikes: Tarmac Disc Comp Di2 - 2020

Mentioned: 51 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6196 Post(s)
Liked 4,810 Times in 3,318 Posts
You picked a bad time to be looking for a bike. Inventory will be low the remainder of the year and into the next. And that is if everything stays on track and doesn't get derailed.

However the Trek Emonda ALR is a good riding bike and very light for what it is. My son has a Tiagra equipped Emonda from 2017. I rode it and it was comfortable. I did feel more of the bumps with it than I do my carbon Tarmac or steel Paramount and Raleigh. Not enough to bumpiness to think you strange just for wanting aluminum though.

While the Emonda isn't a real aggressive position, it's still a tad aggressive for some. So if you are going to want to sit more upright, then you need a road bike with more stack. So take that into consideration. While you can always do stuff to make the bars higher, why dork it up? Get a road bike that has the geometry already to give you the position you want. Same applies if you think you'll like a very aggressive position.

And as always, trying them out in person is preferable. And make sure they are the right size for you.
Likes For Iride01: