Sixty Fiver
Bicycle Repair Man !!!

Bikes: See my sig...

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 67 Post(s)
Liked 129 Times in 96 Posts
Originally Posted by TamaraEden
Here's an example. Take my bike for instance, a Trek WSD7000. On Trek's site it is listed under the category of BIKE PATHS, but now read the description:

The true Hybrid, Trek’s 7000 series is the one bike for all paths and manners of concrete. The perfect marriage of toughness and efficiency, the bike features rugged aluminum tubing with fast rolling tires that allow you to hit the dirt if conditions call for it. If you’re looking for a fast and durable solution to the changing landscape, you’ve just found it.

That design borrows heavily from the classic city bike... I believe yours has fenders, rack, and panniers ?

It would look lovely as an IGH equipped bike with a full chaincase... my girlfriend's Breezer is a similar bike that she had retrofitted with one (it already has an igh) or as she calls it... "Dutchified".

It is a seriously heavy bike but she rides this thing in every kind of weather imaginable and has already worn out a set of rims... she also has no trouble spinning it out and does not face too many hills she cannot conquer.

Part of that stems from how you use your muscles as on a city bike as they utilize the glutes more and this is where we have the most power.

The step through design is also nice for almost anyone as it allows for quick dismounts which can be really helpful when you are carrying a good deal of stuff.