Old 11-16-19, 08:56 PM
Pcampeau

Bikes: 1968 Raleigh Super Course, 1972 Raleigh Professional, 1975 Raleigh International, 1978 Raleigh Professional, 1985 Raleigh Prestige, 1972 Schwinn Paramount, 1980 Schwinn Voyageur 11.8, 1960 Carlton Franco Suisse Peugeot PX10, 1972 Motobecane Le Champ

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 323 Post(s)
Liked 690 Times in 351 Posts
Great find at a great price! I have a 75 International and last year I ruined the rear wheel by following a car through a left turn at a stoplight a little too closely. The car completely obscured a pot hole in the shape of a ditch, and by the time I saw it, all I could do was try and bunny hop it (cars in front of me, cars behind me and everyone rushing to make it through the left turn arrow). I managed to get the front end over but landed the back wheel squarely in the hole. I nearly fell off the bike in a very busy intersection. I pedaled through the rest of the intersection but had to get off the bike immediately. I was okay but the rim was bent badly. It took a few months but I finally found a suitable matching replacement that I could afford. For those few months I really missed my International. I could never leave mine just sit unridden for years on end, so it just baffles me that you found yours in a garage sale after years of neglect. Anyway congratulations and I hope you enjoy yours as much as I enjoy mine.