Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1221 Post(s)
Liked 627 Times in 471 Posts
Originally Posted by MinnMan
She's my new hero
I may put that in my signature file.
https://www.cyclingnews.com/news/ann...olympic-glory/
Incredible, and Vos claims she knew Anna was still out front? I watched LR comment on the race then went back and watched that final 40km-ish. There's a whole narrative going on about race radios which is bogus - van vlueten was out front between the break and peloton for over 20km? Like what was that?

I mean yeah race radios would've cleared up alot, but VV was not going to bridge 7 minutes. Plus the country's with large teams were just looking at each other, so arrogant to think they didn't have to worry about the break. This almost happened with the men's race, but for reasons I don't understand (as a selfish person) Jan Tratnik just decided to sacrifice himself infront of the whole world to reel it back.

Then that final 20km it was crazy to watch (after I knew what happened) because you saw zero cooperation. Anna was riding super hard but the final 6ish km you could see her fatiguing based on her speed. But wildly you'd see the attackers and peloton speed surge - but then drop back!!??

This was the result I was hoping for - and Anna's comments are poignant. Nothing is more pure then the Privateer!