View Single Post
Old 08-16-09, 02:17 PM
TamaraEden

Bikes: TREK WSD 7000

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
First, I brought my camera, tried to take a pic of the freaks in Hollywood, dead batteries. Sorry

Just back from a urban 6.7 mile ride. We were out for I think under an hour. First we started in Los Feliz on Franklin. Took Franklin down to Western. South on Western to Hollywood. Hollywood Blvd West to just passed the Graumins Chinese theatre where we saw Batman, Spiderman, a member from Kiss, Freddy, Elmo, Spongebob, a Playboy Bunny, just to name a few of the weirdos who dress up like characters, hang out, and get tipped when silly tourists take pics with them. We then headed south to end up on Fountain and rode Fountain East and ended over near Hollywood and Normandie.

This was a nice ride and we hadn't done this much street riding in our neighborhood. I'm definitely far more comfy now with city riding, navigating traffic, not blocking turn lanes, etc. For some reason though (prob. the fact that we hadn't been on the bikes in a full week) once I have to do any sort of little hill/grade it wipes me out and I find I'm using those easy gears and going super duper slow. Once on flat I'm good again.

Final thoughts. Helmets make my head freaking hot. Most drivers are decent. Got honked at for the first time even on the shoulder of the road waving cars to pass on a narrow street. Another woman didn't seem to care we were in the road or that there was a stop sign. Needless to say she pissed a few of us off. And now that I'm cooling off, how I can get so freaking hot in such a short ride who knows, soon it's time to do errands: Target and Kohl's,