Old 05-16-19, 05:44 PM
carleton
Elitist

Mentioned: 88 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1386 Post(s)
Liked 92 Times in 77 Posts
Originally Posted by TMonk
Thanks, that's what I'm beginning to learn. Not the biggest market compared to road, mountain etc.
Your profile on the right says San Diego. You are in a much bigger track market than most people.

Maybe when you get your funds together, find the popular forum for your area (velodrome message board, FB, whatever) and post a Wanted ad. Something like, "High-end track frame wanted. Size approximately 56-58cm (or whatever your size is +/- a few cm)."

You'd be amazed at how well that works. There are people who have frames in their garages that don't want to deal with the hassle of posting an ad and dealing with randoms. Or pros who would't post an ad. But, they would easily reply directly to you.

I got my LOOK 496 from a guy who didn't post his for sale. I knew he had one and also knew that he stopped racing for a year or two and asked around and got his email address from a teammate. Basically, he was planning on getting back into the game, but it never happened. I was able to convince him to sell it to me. The guy was in NYC and I was in ATL.