Old 02-19-21, 08:49 PM
Pop N Wood

Bikes: 1982 Bianchi Sport SX, Rayleigh Tamland 1, Rans V-Rex recumbent, Fuji MTB, 80's Cannondale MTB with BBSHD ebike motor

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 668 Post(s)
Liked 529 Times in 355 Posts
Originally Posted by austin2359
I tried to post earlier on my phone, but I got cut off for having a link. The folding luna cycle seems perfect, but it's "downprogrammed" to 750 watts. How do you undo that?
the luna folding bike has a BBS02 motor. A $20 cable allows reprogramming the current limit for more power. A higher voltage battery gives even more power/speed. As stated in the link below you can reliably get 1500 watts out of a BBS02 while still being able to reprogram it to a lower output if for some unknown reason you worry about being legal.

https://www.electricbike.com/bafang-hotrodding-nuts/

The motor is sold in a kit form and can be put on practically any bike you wish. Will take less than a day if you know how to work on bikes. You will lose the front gears, but you can ride the bike exactly like you are asking.

Long range typically means a large battery (or keeping the assist low). The size of the battery will make stealth hard.

A BBS02 is near silent. The first key people will have that you are electric is when you pass them.