Old 03-12-21, 06:18 AM
OldTryGuy

Bikes: Day6 Semi Recumbent "FIREBALL", 1981 Custom Touring Paramount, 1983 Road Paramount, 2013 Giant Propel Advanced SL3, 2018 Specialized Red Roubaix Expert mech., 2002 Magna 7sp hybrid, 1976 Bassett Racing 45sp Cruiser

Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1069 Post(s)
Liked 788 Times in 505 Posts
Originally Posted by Jumpski
I am 60 years young,...................................

I have NEVER seen anything get younger with age. I'm 70 YEARS OLD and proud to say so and if my Prostate Cancer or a vehicle doesn't kill me, on July 10th I'll celebrate 71 by riding my BIRTHDAY RIDE of 142 miles = double age PLUS 1 mile extra for GOOD LUCK.

Originally Posted by davester
Road bike? Endurance bike? These are pretty meaningless marketing terms designed to persuade people that they need a bike for each category. "Road bike" is a pretty generic term that these days refers to what would have in the past been called a "racing bike" (i.e. anything with 5 or more gears and drop handlebars), though in this thread it seems to be referring to something with road race geometry. "Endurance bike" seems to be a fairly recent marketing term that refers to what would previously have been called a "touring bike". However, "endurance" sounds a bit sexier than "touring", so that's what the marketers use. Have fun with that silliness. In the meantime I will continue to ride my very versatile vintage bikes that I have used for both racing and touring.

My '72 P-15 Paramount HAD A TOURING GEOMETRY FRAME as does my Custom Paramount. My RR Paramount has a ROAD RACING geometry as does my Giant Propel Advanced SL and not a Touring, Crit or Track geometry. My 2018 Roubaix Expert is none of the preceding frame geometries so I agree can be in put in an ENDURANCE category. Just my opinion.
Likes For OldTryGuy: