Old 03-30-21, 02:10 PM
francophile 
PM me your cotters

Mentioned: 80 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1137 Post(s)
Liked 590 Times in 422 Posts
Originally Posted by abshipp
Looks like someone's already solved the problem of getting an aftermarket fork in there.

I believe this originally came with a Headshok fork that required an oversized head tube, so to use a standard aftermarket 1 1/8" fork reducing spacers are required.
Cannondale solved the problem. The F500 came with color-matched Heashok.The F500i came with white Indy C.

The 1997 Cannondale catalog eludes to that bit (below). Although the catalog details show silver decal on the DT on the F500, seems the other '97 F500i I found lack the silver DT decal. Virtually all equipped specs for this one (and equipment date codes) point to 1997 manufacture date.

Looks like the Shimano BB-LP26 should be a real blast to repack if I wanted to keep it original, I'm sure it's dry as a bone.

I guess it's not quite 25 years old, so maybe some wouldn't call this vintage, but I noticed a few others in C&V have had one over the years. Don't want to debate that - I do look forward to getting this thing clean, getting it apart, and on a trail, just to see how it feels. Seems like a nice frame overall.