Old 06-01-21, 03:05 AM
Islas

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Status update in case you wonder:

I've bought Scott Speedster 10 Disc 2020 (slightly used, but looks brand new). The clearance is quite wide, it sits on Schwalbe One 30 (original ones) now, I think it should easily fit 32/33 maybe bigger. I paid 1200 euro.
Firstly it's absolutely beautiful. I had 2 rides already, first a short one and second a bit longer
Ironically on both rides I clocked my personal best since 1y/1.5y in terms of avg speed, probably the confirmation bias got into my head too much
Impressions? I got no lower back pain on neither of the rides not even discomfort, but got terrible wrist pain instead and weirdly going from 25 to 30 tyre doesn't appear much more comfortable, maybe 7 bars is too much for the tyre, I'll try 5-6 next time.

It has the same groupset as my Propel but feels like it's working much worse, maybe it's because it hasn't been ridden much? Don't know. Cables in the frame are rattling like crazy, in Propel the cables didn't do that. There's a trick I heard to address that with zips.

Overall I'm happy with the purchase, still need to test it on gravel once I have 2nd set of wheels.

Thanks everyone for comments!