Old 06-14-21, 01:59 AM
Cougrrcj

Bikes: A few...

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 620 Post(s)
Liked 372 Times in 258 Posts
I did once, for one weekend only. The amily-owned shop where I bought my first two bottom-of-the-barrel Fujis (all steel '74 Special Tourers) hired me to assemble bikes one weekend. His normal wrench was off on vacation and asked me if I wanted to help out. All I can remember was that I had unboxed, assembled, and adjusted probably five or six bikes on each of the two days. Must have been sometime in October '75 since the World Series was playing on the radio... I had to true/tension the wheels, insert stem/handlebars/seatpost/saddle, bolt on the brakes, run/cut/adjust the brake cables. install the derailleurs, run/cut adjust the derailleur cables, install the chain, pedals... I think the shop dealt with Fuji, Kabuki, and a few others. It normally had about fifty bikes on the sales floor at any one time, ranging from kids bikes to the whole line of Fujis. I later bought my S-10S from the same shop at a discount because it was a scratched floor model... I lusted after the America, but it was twice the price of the 'scratch & dent' S-10S. Oh, they had some higher-end models, but I wanted nothing to do with tubulars...