View Single Post
Old 09-03-21, 10:48 PM
rholland1951

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 534 Post(s)
Liked 1,750 Times in 891 Posts
Friday afternoon had the feel of a liminal space between Summer and Autumn, so I took the GT up the Mystic Valley Parkway to see how the transition was going in that place where Summer has been very much in evidence lately.

It was a good day for a ride, and I wasn't alone in rolling in that direction.

The Tufts Sailing Pavillion, which over the last few weeks had been home to kayaks, paddleboards, distance swimmers, dock-dwelling sun-worshippers, casual splashers, and many dogs, most memorably the Giant Schnauzer, was now the preserve of... sailboats, and somewhat uncertain sailors. I watched them coming in to dock, and observed several near-misses. Somehow, it all ended well.

Ida's downpours left a lot of water upstream, that was still finding its way to Boston Harbor. The path for that led from the Aberjona River to the Upper Mystic Lake, through the spill-way of the Mystic Lakes Dam, into the Lower Mystic Lake, and then into the Mystic River itself. Mystic Valley Watershed, hurrah!

The peaceful and quiet end of Summer prevailed at Shannon Beach, where the folks who knew what they wanted from the Lake were getting it, never mind any collateral goose bumps.

rod

Last edited by rholland1951; 09-04-21 at 08:19 AM.
Likes For rholland1951: