cyclezen
OM boy

Bikes: a bunch

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 518 Post(s)
Liked 646 Times in 438 Posts
Originally Posted by Symox
I've recently gotten into using a frame bag and it impressed me how little the handling was affected by weight in the main triangle. It got me thinking of putting my seat bag with all my repair stuff (tube, inflator, co2, repair kit, etc) right above the bottom bracket (I'm currently putting it in the frame bag, but I actually have room below the bag to put a small triangular bag) . Any recommendations out there for something like this? I'm adding a picture of the kind of fit I'm looking for

thanks

I've been thinking about this all summer. Hoping to come up with something, to get the 'repair' stuff out of the seat pack, and make room cell phone, snack, maybe arm warmers (coolers).
i don;t like carrying stuff in my jersey pockets (other than a mask) except for last resort - like taking leg/knee warmers off...
The SPec SWAT thing they have built into the frame is a great idea. And I was thinking the same idea as your pic, above - but not wantiing a hard case which needs to secure to the DT or ST. I was thinking soft....
Hangup is I have and use both bottles/cages on prolly 2-3 rides each week, so it has to fit into the BB -V, beneath both bottle cages. So, the space available is max 5 inches from bottom V to the DT bottle cage. There just don't seem to be any bags/packs/soft stuff made for this, that will fit. Most all small and micro size under-saddle bags are all 6+ inches long....
Width doesn;t seem to be an issue - I have about 3 inches easy width on my tarmac.
3 options I could find which would fit:
1. Dakine Hot Laps Gripper - https://themtblab.com/2017/11/dakine...ag-review.html
2. Lezyne Caddy Saddle Bag in small will fit - the one with strap, not coupling...
3. Use a small general purpose nylon/polyester bag/sack.
some months and I still haven't found the perfect thing - so still searching... the Dakine is doable, and might hold enough...
REI carries the Dakine Gripper bag - so I'll see if they have it in the store, next time I visit...
a great idea though...
Ride On
Yuri