View Single Post
Old 04-08-22, 10:07 AM
genejockey 
Klaatu..Verata..Necktie?

Bikes: Litespeed Ultimate, Ultegra; Canyon Endurace, 105; Battaglin MAX, Chorus; Bianchi 928 Veloce; Ritchey Road Logic, Dura Ace; Cannondale R500 RX100; Schwinn Circuit, Sante; Lotus Supreme, Dura Ace

Mentioned: 41 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10444 Post(s)
Liked 11,923 Times in 6,105 Posts
Originally Posted by LarrySellerz
There are enough people around here that its fine if you don't stop, someone else will. I ask everyone on the side of the road if they are OK and need help. I don't carry tools or know much about fixing bikes, but want people to know that someone cares and is looking out for them.
That's great, till you're riding somewhere at a time or place where few other riders ride. Oh, you COULD just stick to places where there are lots of riders, but, dude, you're a young guy, and sooner or later you'll want to do things like climbing West Alpine, and you might wait a LONG TIME for someone to pass by.

I carry a pump, a spare tube, tire levers, a patch kit, and a multitool. ALWAYS. The thing about asking for someone else's spare tube is not that it cost them maybe $5 or so. It's that, once you've taken THEIR spare tube they don't have a spare tube anymore. You're making them ride at risk of having to make The Call Of Shame, when you could easily carry your own stuff.

"Everybody's gotta be somewhere." - Eccles
Likes For genejockey: