Old 05-12-22, 06:17 AM
couldwheels
Banned.

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 56 Post(s)
Liked 18 Times in 17 Posts
Originally Posted by livedarklions
I skipped to that point in the video and I can't tell if the guy moved across the line when he could actually see around the blind corner as he moved further to his left, but it's reasonable that he likely could. You aren't seeing it from his perspective which is changing as he enters the curve.

But yeah, rushing around a blind corner in the wrong lane without ascertaining whether the lane is clear is obviously stupid. I just think that it's not likely that's what we're seeing here. From the look of that route, someone doing that would probably be Darwined very quickly.
Assuming, you can see around the blind corner in that position, would it be possibly safer? It does seem you have better visibility around the blind corner in that position. The only problem if someone goes blazing around that corner like a crazy rocket coming at you, you can see them but you'll have little time to react. I've often seen motorcyclists riding like suicidal maniacs do that. Less so from cagers.

And would you do it yourself?

I've been skipping around that video and didn't see for once GCN presenters Simon or Connor crossed into the opposite at any time. Let know if I missed it.