Old 06-16-22, 11:55 AM
squirtdad

Bikes: Kirk Custom JK Special, '84 Team Miyata,(dura ace old school) 80?? SR Semi-Pro 600 Arabesque

Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2339 Post(s)
Liked 2,831 Times in 1,545 Posts
Originally Posted by mountaindave
This post isn’t super fun to make, but I’m going to start a rumor that, after five years of effort, I will be stepping down as Cino director after this year. Lots of things are changing in my life, some sad, but mostly glad, that brought me to the decision.

What it means is more focus on my work-family-service balance - it can’t be a 1:1:1 ratio. The service part needs to be dialed back so I can focus on my new role expanding my elementary school into a sustainable middle school and savoring the last three years of my kids’ time with us at home.

I love seeing you guys (and your bikes!) and am both honored and humbled by everyone’s support of this fundraiser, but I only have so much I can give at this stage of my life.

Cino will live on, likely as it started: a bunch of people supporting themselves. But the big shindig will be no longer. Heck, maybe I’ll have time to come visit some of YOU guys on your own crazy rides!

Allez!
Dave,

Adding on my thanks for your doing this for as long as you have. that last years of kids at home is whirl so taking advantage is the highest priority

I am now even more bummed than ever that I can't make this year (my own fault). I hope everyone has a blast.

maybe someone will pick up the big shindig, but if not, please keep the C&V crowd in the know of semi unorganized set the date and see who shows up times if you hear of any.

And it would be really cool to get some sort of map of the route, as you little tags weather wear and I would have been lost anyway with out following people

thanks, cheers, may your tires never flat

Likes For squirtdad: