mflacche
Enthusiast

Bikes: Canyon Ultimate CF SL 8, Canyon Pathlite 7

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked 19 Times in 11 Posts
Originally Posted by BTinNYC
Surprised you ditched the seatpost, but that saddle did not work for me either. I really liked the plastic platform pedals and used them on my grocery-getter.
Originally Posted by mflacche
The Canyon seatpost was fine but the automatic setback was too much for me. This new saddle is about 1" longer than the Selle Italia and Syncros saddles I tried, and has a sort of built-in setback, The Specialized Roval seatpost is definitely an upgrade in weight reduction, clamp-style, and looks IMO. I still have the Canyon seatpost, and can always use it down the road.
The Specialized Roval seatpost gives me the zero setback I need to combine with the already ample reach on the Ultimate geometry.

HOWEVER, the Canyon S13 carbon seatpost works wonderfully on my new Pathlite 7! The Pathlite has more than 2 inches less in reach, so having 25mm of setback compensates for some of that loss of reach. I love this new Pathlite. The XT components work beautifully. I have gone with Syncros Belcarra saddles across the board, on my Ultimate, Pathlite, and Concept2 BikeERG! They just feel good on my tushy.

Here are pics of the new bike. I ordered a CP0008 carbon fiber cockpit, but the CP16 works well in the meantime.

Likes For mflacche: