Old 05-26-23, 01:23 PM
FBinNY 

Bikes: too many bikes from 1967 10s (5x2)Frejus to a Sumitomo Ti/Chorus aluminum 10s (10x2), plus one non-susp mtn bike I use as my commuter

Mentioned: 140 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5793 Post(s)
Liked 2,593 Times in 1,437 Posts
Originally Posted by rc5781
I was at the same intersection again today. A clueless road biker accelerated into the crosswalk, but this time the cars didn't stop. Dude almost got hit and stranded himself in the middle of the road.
Enough already!!!!
It is IMPOSSIBLE to have an intelligent discussing on this thread which you started. You keep changing the question after we answer.

Waa-a-a-a-a-y back (post #13, see below) I posited two scenarios, one like this, and one about accepting an invite from an overly cautious driver. You specifically said it was about the second, and posited all sorts of other car scenarios.

Originally Posted by FBinNY
I'm not sure I understand the OP.

If he's talking about riding through intersections without right of way and forcing cars to stop to avoid collision, it's not only inconsiderate, it's also stupid and dangerous.

OTOH - if the OP taking about about situations where drivers are simply trying to be courteous then I don't consider this an issue at all. If you don't create a situation where the driver feels he must yield, then (other considerations permitting) why not accept it as an act of good will. .......
Now you're posting about something that's back to the first scenario which we all agree is dumb and has NOTHING to do with your BS about if drivers yield right of way when they have the light.

What next? some cyclist racing across a 8 lane freeway and causing a 50 car chain reaction collision?

You're big of "rules" so how about two here. When you start a thread on a point, stay on point and stop trolling your own thread.
Also, if you ask opinions, accept those offered rather than arguing pointless.

BTW- I'm sure you're aware that you've made no friends on this thread. I'm sure that people have formed their own opinions, and so have I. Your attitude seems more in line with that of a driver who was once cut off by an obnoxious cyclist and is now here to troll.

An ounce of diagnosis is worth a pound of cure.

Just because I'm tired of arguing, doesn't mean you're right.

“One accurate measurement is worth a thousand expert opinions” - Adm Grace Murray Hopper - USN

WARNING, I'm from New York. Thin skinned people should maintain safe distance.

Last edited by FBinNY; 05-26-23 at 01:34 PM.
Likes For FBinNY: