Old 11-29-20, 07:09 PM
brawlo

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 288 Post(s)
Liked 76 Times in 57 Posts
From what I know and what I've seen.......it's personal. A taper is widely prescribed, but I know a few high level masters riders that either do minimal taper, or no taper at all. It's something you will need to test on yourself to see what works best for you. Unless you've done some testing on yourself already, perhaps just pick an option and see how you go. You could get 10 different answers on here, but you won't know what works best for you until you try something out and see what the results are.

I would go back and look at your training. If you're knocking out quality training sessions 2-3 times a week and your numbers are constantly going up, why would you go and do a soft taper week? Maybe give yourself 2-3 days break prior to comp rather than a whole week. Alternatively, I know a masters guy who can only really manage 1 all out session per week, yet he is also hands down the fastest rider that I know (almost WR fast) and he would do a managed taper of up to 2 weeks prior to competition. Different strokes for different folks