View Single Post
Old 09-18-21, 01:10 AM
M Rose

Bikes: 2021 Trek Verve 2 Disk

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 130 Post(s)
Liked 119 Times in 80 Posts
I am a pack snob. I have so many different backpacks as well as bags. I have several different hydration packs in various styles.

My most recent purchase was a “Outdoor Products” RipCord. I chose to get this little hydro pack because it was light weight and I thought it had 2 pockets plus an external mesh storage pouch that I could put a light jacket or rain gear in.
Today I looked over the pack really good for the first time since I bought it (yesterday), and noticed it had two interior pockets as well. The pack can hold two 3L bladders but comes with a single 2L bladder while still enough room for a “dirty” bag to be folded into the bottom along with a Sawyer Water Filter System.

I bought mine on sale for 19.99 at Big 5 during their 60th Anniversary sale and military discount.
https://m.big5sportinggoods.com/stor...B&gclsrc=aw.ds

So far what I love about the pack:
  • Its light weight
  • fully loaded the straps don’t dig into my shoulders
  • the adjustable cinch strap keeps the straps where they belong
  • lots of cargo capacity
  • great for riding, hiking, or just using as a man bag

What I don’t like:
  • the hip belt webbing is too narrow (1” webbing) it should have been wider or padded, but it’s not too bad, after a few minutes I forget it’s their while on the bike, hiking might be another matter.
  • my helmet doesn’t fit very well inside the expandable mesh pocket.

so overall, I give the bag a huge thumbs up. Even at full retail of $30.00 I think it’s a steal.

A few pictures of the pack and my current load out:

Outdoor Products “Ripcord” All loaded up

From top to bottom left to right: Ripcord Hdrationnpack Bontrager Helmet, cycling gloves, face mask, cycling cap Bike lock key, lens cleaning wipes for my glasses, wallet

Straps and hydration tube

Upper outside pocket

Interior main pocket with cargo cinch strap

Expanding exterior mesh pocket

https://outdoorproducts.com/collecti...hydration-pack

Last edited by M Rose; 09-18-21 at 01:26 AM.
Likes For M Rose: