View Single Post
Old 10-04-21, 01:41 PM
travbikeman

Bikes: State 4130 Custom, Giant Trance 29

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 422 Post(s)
Liked 182 Times in 123 Posts
Had 1 dog ran after me while riding on a road late afternoon. Yelled at it to go home in a very commanding voice. Heh, heard it whine and saw it walk slowly back home...poor thing.....

Recently had a very small dog off leash on the C&O and walked right in front of me while riding and sat forcing me to stop. I stared down the owner and the duf was just smiling like it was such a cute thing that the mini dog didn't get run over by my heavily weighted bike.

There was a dog that I was fearful though. When living in MD, there was a normal early morning ride I took before getting ready for work. A guy owned a pit bull, a very aggressive pit bull, one that the owner had a hard time holding onto while It snarled, growled and barked aggressively at me while on a public trail.

I understand your daughter is 5 yrs old, but not to sound to mean, there is no getting away from things like this. Even if there are laws against it, it's usually a good idea to be ready for any situation and as your daughter grows, will look at how prepared her Dad is and will eventually prepare herself for other people's nonsense.

Last edited by travbikeman; 10-04-21 at 01:50 PM.